A newspaper article on finding happiness got me thinking about what makes me happy. Here are some things at the top of my list:
- Helping people find their strength. I love my job as a personal trainer.
- Lists. The power of organization.
- Healthy food. There’s nothing like real food and drink to keep me on an even keel. Plus, a daily dose of Vitamin D.
- Strength training. Finding time to do an hour of exercise, three times a week, is a challenge. Training once a week using the 15 min. power workout that I talked about in my first blog, coupled with daily stretching and the fact that I use walking as my primary mode of transportation, have kept me strong and injury free. That makes me very happy.
- Music. Most tunes either calm me down or make me dance - good for the head and the heart.
- Teatime. And, weather permitting, preferably in the garden. In the words of Mark Twain, “There’s no better time in the day then the hour dedicated to afternoon tea”. Amen.
- Meditation. Keeps me grounded and thinking clearly. It’s important to experience feelings of peace and tranquility daily.
- Family and friends. Yes, love is best.
It comes down to keeping life simple, focused, mindful and balanced. The trick is finding out what works for you.
As we move into the Holiday Season I encourage, and challenge, you to ponder and think on what makes you happy.